Evening Performances of Harvey by Mary Chase at Lindsay Little Theatre
Matinee Performances of Harvey by Mary Chase at Lindsay Little Theatre
Harvey by Mary Chase ~ Presented by Bulldogg
Harvey, a Pulitzer Prize-winning comedy by Mary Chase, is the story of a perfect gentleman, Elwood P. Dowd, and his best friend, Harvey — a pooka, who is a six-foot-tall, invisible rabbit. When Elwood begins introducing Harvey around town, his embarrassed sister, Veta Louise, and her daughter, Myrtle Mae, determine to commit Elwood to a sanitarium. A mistake is made, however, and Veta is committed rather than Elwood! Eventually, the mistake is realized, and a frantic search begins for Elwood and the invisible pooka, which ends with Elwood appearing, voluntarily, at the sanitarium. In the end, however, Veta realizes that she loves her brother and his invisible his best friend just as they are, and doesn’t want either of them to change.
- KELLSIE MCCULLOUGH as MYRTLE MAE SIMMONS
- LAURA MARSHALL as VETA LOUISE SIMMONS
- JOHN AUSTIN as ELWOOD P. DOWD
- LOGAN GERZYMISCH as JOHNSON/DUMPHY
- ANNA SPROULE as MRS. ETHEL CHAUVENET
- CAROLYN MACLEAN as RUTH KELLY, R.N.
- BEN WHYTE as DUANE WILSON
- IAN MACLEAN as LYMAN SANDERSON, M.D.
- BILL FULKER as WILLIAM R. CHUMLEY, M.D.
- HEATHER MCCULLOUGH as BETTY CHUMLEY
- SEAMUS MCCANN as JUDGE OMAR GAFFNEY
- JONAH GRIGNON as E. J. LOFGREN
Special thanks to our production sponsors: